Few sports have managed to offer the same kind of global fascination that rugby has. For quite a long time, New Zealanders have proven their love of the game repeatedly. Sportsbooks have gone ahead and capitalize on this fact, resulting in several betting sites that put wagering on rugby as one of their primary attractions.
When it comes to matters rugby, fans can get highly passionate, resulting in fuelled debates on which team is better. These fans are always willing to put their hard-earned funds down on the favorite teams and players, which is exactly why wagering on rugby has turned out to become as much of a phenomenon as it is.
Are you a Kiwi player looking to wager on rugby but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place. Here, you’ll find helpful information on almost everything to do with online rugby betting in New Zealand. But first, the following are top NZ rugby betting sites:
All the above sites rank high when it comes to attentive customer support, high odds, site safety and reliability, plenty of bet types and some of the best rugby bonuses and promotions.
The Legal Framework
In New Zealand, sports betting remains largely legal. Here, online sports betting exists in a legal, but unregulated market. While New Zealand-based online sports betting sites are deemed illegal, offshore sites are legal. Therefore, real money rugby sports betting fans can wager with any international bookmaker that they prefer.
However, to be safe with your rugby bets, you may want to choose an offshore site that’s licensed by highly respected gambling commissions in the world, such as Malta, Curacao, or the UK Gambling Commission.
Types of Rugby Bets
When it comes to wagering online on rugby in New Zealand, multiple betting options are available to NZ rugby betting fans. Plenty of top NZ rugby betting sites offer plenty of betting options to their customers, some of the common ones including the following:
- Handicap bets
- First Scoring Play
- Match result
- Winning Margin
- First Scorer
- Halftime/Fulltime Score
- Man Of The Match
- Odd or Even Total
- Highest Scoring Half
Some of the most popular tournament wagers include:
- Top Points Scorer of Tournament
- Margin of Victory in a Tournament or Series
- Player of the Tournament
- Top Try Scorer of Tournament
- Series or Tournament Winner
Rugby Betting Tips for Kiwi Players
When you are about to engage in online rugby betting in New Zealand, there are a few important things that you need to keep at the back of your mind. This is especially true if you are placing real money rugby bets. Do you want to beat the bookies most of the time? If that’s the case, you need to abide by the following rugby betting tips:
- Be always informed – Before wagering your hard-earned money on rugby, make sure that you are well armed with both the current and old information about the tournaments, teams, games, injury reports, players and plenty other similar things. Find about the current states and forms of the teams set to play. Rugby being a physical sport, make sure to check matters to do with injury reports, among other things so that you can make informed bets well in advance.
- Know how the teams play – Mostly, you’ll find that each team has a different style of play. You’ll be at an advantaged position if you are aware of the tactics and strategies of a certain team, making it easier for you to choose the best bets. For instance, The All Blacks are known for their fiery running games that always prompts many tries, meaning that you may want to wager on point game bets.
- Climate plays a great role – You should be aware of the weather report, as the influence of weather on a rugby match isn’t something that you should underestimate. For example, when raining, the ball becomes more difficult to handle, something that may result in a few points, even if a team known for big scores is playing.
- Don’t wager on unknown tournaments/leagues – Rugby is an event that has tons of leagues and tournaments. At all times, make sure that you wager on competitions that you are well aware of. Don’t just pick a team at random and wager on it.
- Choose several bookies – Seeing the craze of online rugby betting in New Zealand, there are now many bookies that accept Kiwi players wagering on rugby. Make sure choose different service providers. Not all of them have the same odds. But there are some with high rugby betting odds than the rest. Don’t always rely on one bookie.
- Stick to your betting strategy – When it comes to wagering on rugby, two strategies exist. You can bet with small funds on high odds or wager on large amounts on low odds. In a game of rugby, the favorite team always win. Therefore, wagering on NZ win can be a good betting strategy. Make sure to formulate your betting strategy and stick to it.
How to Choose Best NZ Rugby Betting Sites
While deciding which rugby player or team to place your wager on is, of course, of utmost importance, finding the best site from which to place your rugby wagers is equally so. But how do you go about choosing the best betting sites for rugby? The process is quite simple.
To have an unforgettable online rugby betting experience, first, choose an experienced and licensed betting site. Playing at new sites that you have no information of or unlicensed bookmakers is something that you should avoid. If you win big, they may disappear with your money.
As a Kiwi online rugby betting fan, you should always go for sites that offer plenty of rugby bet types. This way, you’ll be able to settle for those types of rugby bets that you are familiar with, something that may see you earning some profit. Closely related to this, always go for operators that offer a plethora of banking options. With this, you’ll be in a good position to choose the option that you find safe and convenient.
How are the odds looking at the site of your choice? And are the support reps always attentive? When choosing a rugby-betting site, play at those with attractive odds and plenty of efficient means of reaching the support reps. All the sites we mention here offer some of the most competitive rugby betting odds, along with some of the most friendly and professional support reps that you can find.
Rugby has always been a rugby nation for decades and up to today, it remains a big part of the Kiwi culture. For bettors, it even gets better since there are plenty of sites that accept online rugby bets for NZ players. With rugby woven into the fabric of New Zealand, betting on the sport is bound to grow even more.